That is, enhanced flooded battery technology, EFB battery is based on traditional battery technology, by adjusting the active material formula to improve the deep cycle performance of the battery. In addition, the enhanced assembly strength of the inner pole group allows the battery to have a longer lifespan and stronger shock resistance. It prevents the active material of the battery from falling off, prolongs the deep cycle life of the battery by more than 2 times, and improves the charging acceptance of the battery.
The enhanced flooded car battery is suitable for installation near the engine compartment (the flooded battery has a filling hole), which is resistant to high temperature and can be maintained. Japanese cars install more EFB batteries.
AGM stands for Adsorption Glass Fiber Separator Technology. The AGM battery adopts a lean liquid design. The electrode plate is not immersed in the electrolyte. Except for a part of the electrolyte inside the electrode plate, most of the electrolyte is absorbed on the porous glass fiber separator. The plate keeps a certain proportion of the gap not occupied by the electrolyte, thereby increasing the deep cycle life of the battery (can reach 3 times that of ordinary batteries) and service life;
AGM lean liquid battery should avoid high temperature and is suitable for the normal temperature environment under the seat and trunk. European and American high-end cars install more AGM.
1. The internal structures of the two batteries are different, EFB is a flooded battery, and AGM is a lean battery.
2. Different installation positions, EFB flooded battery is suitable for installation near the engine compartment, AGM lean battery is generally installed in the trunk.
3. The integrity of AGM is better than that of EFB battery, and it is more fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly. It can save fuel by 5-10% and reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 10-20%.
4. EFB has a wider temperature range than AGM. AGM batteries cannot be used in high temperature environments.
5. Different car companies, German and American cars mainly promote AGM technology, and Japanese manufacturers mainly promote EFB technology.